Shabby Chic or Vintage Card?

I have been seeing so many of these cards around lately that I just had to give it a try. I have heard this style called both Shabby Chic and Vintage, but I think Shabby Chic is a more suitable name.This card was totally out of my comfort zone, but I had a lot of fun making it!


I used a retired Jumbo Wheel with black ink and randomly wheeled over the white cardstock, sometimes wheeling off first to get the various shades going. I used my Spritzer Tool with Real Red and Going Gray Markers to add some color, distressed all the edges and crumpled. The heart is cut out using the "Hearts Set" of Dies and the Bigshot, distressed all the edges, crumpled, sponged, spritzed and also dragged ink over top. The greeting is from the Well Scripted set. Added a half pearl from the Pretties Kit and used the new Black Satin ribbon. Distressed and crumpled the red mat and attached all to a black card.