REVISITING A FAVORITE TECHNIQUE!

I made this card using a very simple background technique that I haven't used in a very long time. I am sure the technique has a name but I don't know it.

All I did was rub some ink (I used Bashful Blue, Marina Mist and Not Quite Navy) onto a piece of wax paper and then misted some water onto the ink. I laid a piece of Whisper White cardstock over the wax paper and pressed down. I then lifted it to check the ink coverage, and laid it down a couple more times in different areas on the wax paper until I was satisfied with the ink coverage and then simply dried it with the Heat Tool.  I then cut two pieces from my inked cardstock, one for stamping and one to leave as is. I backed both pieces with Basic Gray Cardstock and stamped the Penguins from Zoo Review in Basic Gray on one piece. I attached the unstamped strip down the left side of a white card and then placed the stamped piece horizontally using Dimensionals. Cut a little birthday hat from real red cardstock for the Penguin in the center and attached a pompom to the top. The greeting is from Friendly Phrases and is stamped in Basic Gray.

It didn't take me long to make this card but I am happy with the results. I think the Penquins really suit the background!